Yes! It's the annual #ThisOldMarketing predictions episode.
This year, Robert and Joe bring you eight amazing and infallible marketing predictions that are sure to be wrong (but fun nonetheless).
This year's marketing predictions include:
- Less Content and Simplicity to Drive Marketing Strategy in 2020 (Joe).
- Brand Journalism (or Content Marketing) is pushed forward by Social Corporate Responsibility (SCR) efforts (Robert).
- The drop in print has stopped. 2020 will see the resurgence of print media led by enterprise brands (Joe). Support article on print books here.
- Ad Tech takes a crippling hit in 2020 (Robert).
- Microsoft will launch their own "Disney+" for business-to-business markets (Joe).
- AppleTV Plus will die (Joe, but Robert disagrees).
- Deepfakes take over the 2020 election process (Joe).
- Big agencies start to break up after large consolidation run (Robert).
Robert's Rave - Brand-backed media gets another look.
Joe's Rave - Essentialism by Greg McKeown
Subscribe to PNR: This Old Marketing at Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Spotify, Soundcloud, YouTube, or wherever you listen to fine podcasts.
Subscribe to Joe Pulizzi's Random Newsletter at JoePulizzi.com. Follow Joe @JoePulizzi. Joe's new #thriller is now available at TheWilltoDie.com.
Subscribe to Robert Rose's newsletter at The Content Advisory. Follow Robert @Robert_Rose.
This episode is sponsored by ContentTECH Summit.